background

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Thank you!

I just have to say that I have some amazing friends, family, and coworkers! I've had an outpouring of support and love the past day. Everyone is super supportive and wants to make sure that I take the time I need for recovery and are willing to help in any way. People wanting to make sure Jared knows if he needs anything that there are people here to help, wanting to watch the kids or help pick them up if needed this summer, people saying extra prayers.

I had two more friends stop by tonight with more meals to freeze so our total frozen meals (including the 11 that I made) is up to around 22ish! I'm hoping to not have to cook for as long as possible so feel free to keep cooking! No meal will be turned down :)

I stopped at a few more stores on the way home from work and found my zip up t-shirt hoodies! Shopko of all places. They aren't the best quality but they should work! And since they have a ton, I can send Jared back for more colors if I end up needing them for a while!

Today was my last day at work now for a while! I took the day off tomorrow to spend a mommy and me day with Addy. Our plan is to go to an indoor amusement park in the morning for a couple hours, shop, do lunch, and then head back home. She's going to be THRILLED! I got our discount tickets online tonight and lucky for me since she is only 3 her "chaperone" gets to ride FREE! So it should be a fun day.

Then tomorrow after noon, I need to have my labs drawn for a type and crossmatch in the random chance that I would need a blood transfusion. Seeing as I had literally hundreds and hundreds when I was sick before, I'm not worried about that at all. And I have my nuclear medicine injections at 3 pm which I am SO not looking forward to but I'd rather have everything checked out! They do sentinel node injections and basically during surgery then they scan to see if my lymph nodes took up the isotope. If they did, that would be indicative of possible breast cancer. They don't expect to find anything since my mammos and MRI's have been negative but they check before surgery so that if anything is going on that they can remove the appropriate lymph nodes at the same time as surgery. It's pretty standard to do it.

Meena will be coming tomorrow night as well to help with getting the munchkins to daycare in the morning and Addy starts soccer tomorrow night so that should be fun as well!

Thank you all for your continued support and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment