background

Friday, May 11, 2012

Back to work...sort of!

Well I have been back to work now for a week and am doing fairly well. After seeing Employee Health they are letting me go back and do 6 hr shifts for a couple weeks and then 8 hr shifts for a couple weeks then back to my normal 10ish hrs. So at least I am moving forward!

It has been going well. I am a little tired in the evenings but doing good!

On Tuesday I was able to take my abdominal binder off! It was very uncomfortable and restricted my movement some and made it hard to wear real clothes so I was glad to get it off. What I didn't realize is how much it was helping! Now that it is off I am having more pain. Everything isn't being held in tightly so movement hurts some as nothing is stretching quite the same so I'll reach or turn and get a pulling pain. The skin is very sensitive there as the nerves are coming back pretty fast but fabric brushing across my sides hurt. Oh, and I jogged across a street so that I wouldnt have to wait for the next stop walk sign and boy did that hurt. The vibration of my feet hitting the ground made my sides hurt! So note to self...do not run.

We are having fun at home. The kids are super understanding that I cant lift them and are really good helpers! We are still doing our normal things, dance, swimming, parks, nature center, etc. I even took them on a free trolley tour which they had a blast on! We are getting together with friends and doing all things fun!

So at the moment life is pretty normal! 3 more weeks until I am off my lifting restrictions!

I gave hubby my wish list for household chores and he came home and did them all! He wasn't exactly thrilled about it but he did it! So I am sure he will be happy when everything is back to normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment