background

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Questions!

Well I got the garage mostly clean last night minus finishing sweeping and a few random things to still put away! It actually didnt take too long! Later this summer we will get a little storage shed and that will definitely help with our garage space (or lack there of). My friend Lindsy and I went to look at freezers and lucky for me the one that I looked at last fall was on SALE! 80$ off! So I bought it and we set it up last night. I settled on a smaller upright and its perfect!

A lot of friends have been asking a lot of questions about my upcoming journey so I thought I'd share a few of them...
  • How many night stay at the hospital? 2-3 nights depending on if they can get my pain under control and there aren't any complications (which there wont be!)
  • How long will the recovery take? It depends on what surgeries they end up doing... should be about 6-8 weeks. If they have to do the hysterectomy open instead of robotic, then I'd have a 7 inch incision on my abdomen which would not be the most fun thing in the world. I've heard that the tissue expanders are the worst part since they are stretching the muscle.
  • Do you get to pick your "size"? Not sure yet! Depends what plastics says, I see them next Thursday. I'd like to be a full B but its not a deal breaker if that doesn't happen.
  • Will "they" look normal? Eventually! It depends what plastics says, what they want to do, what they think will look best and if an additional surgery etc is necessary.
  • What can I do to help? Still not sure and probably wont know forsure until I see how it goes after surgery! Once I am feeling better, visitors would be great! I'll go stir crazy being off work for that long! I'm sure the kids will need to go to the park so think of Jared for park dates too! Freezable meals for the kids and Jared would be a great help as well!
I really don't know much more at this point. Next Tuesday I see the General Surgeon who will do the mastectomy part and Thursday I get to see Plastics which will be a relief since they call the shots and they are the last ones I get to see! I'm still waiting on insurance approval so say a prayer that they cover it without extra letters or anything!

We have a little family fun weekend planned so I am hoping that the weather turns around and is nice out or we'll have to find more indoor activities! And then next weekend will be cleaning, cooking, and getting things ready!

If anyone else has other questions, let me know!

Thank you ALL for your love and support. I am SO blessed to have such wonderful people in my life!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you started a separate blog...it will be good to journal and keep everyone up to date. I'll start making meals for Jared and the kids to put in the freezer, and I'll but some cans of green beans for you to eat (you never eat!). Always sending prayers your way...

    ReplyDelete