background

Monday, June 6, 2011

Coming together...

Things are all coming together... I've got most of the house well cleaned, although with a 2 year old and a 3 year old, clean is subjective! I made 11 meals this weekend to freeze and have had a few amazing friends bring over a few more meals! Our little freezer is starting to look a bit fuller! (is fuller a real word?) I've got daycare drop off/pick up arranged compliments of my parents. And have random offers from numerous people to help in the coming weeks as well (and to give Jared a break:).

I've got a fun day planned for Addy and I to have a mommy and me day on Wednesday. She doesn't do well when I am away and even though its only a night or two, I know it will be hard on her. So hoping to fuel up on mommy time! I'm hoping to not tell her where I will be but to tell her that I will be gone for a couple of nights and try to avoid telling her where. We will be avoiding the "H" word...(hospital) or telling her that I am sick because I don't want to scare her. Being three she understands and processes way more than a normal 3 year old should! So when I get home then we will talk about having surgery, having owies, and being careful around mommy. I've had my sister and a friend both live with us for a few weeks at different points over the past year and a half from having surgery so she gets that. So if by chance you see Addy before I do, please don't talk to her about details or tell her anything that will scare her. When I'm away she needs lots of reassurance that mommy will always come home and will never leave her. Last time I left for a while, she was super sad and scared that I wouldn't come home, so trying to minimize that as much as possible. And with Meena and Papa here, they will be a good distraction!

Just a few things left to get done before Thursday! If anyone knows where I can find zip up short sleeve hoodies, let me know! I've scoured the town and can't find them anywhere!

1 comment:

  1. Thinking you as the week goes by. Have you tried Sports Authority for hoodies? I will be through the MOA next week and can look there. I will be in Roch the 19th through the 21st. If I see any, what size?

    ReplyDelete