background

Friday, June 10, 2011

Day one!

Well I made it through surgery! Yesterday was a long hard day but making progress today!

Surgery was around 8 hours long and then an additional 3 1/2-4 hours in the PACU. Everyone was super nice and really listened to my concerns and addressed them. The staff were very reassuring. My friend Mary who works in the PACU even came and found me prior to surgery in the preop area to offer hugs and support.

Surgery went well, no evidence of breast or ovarian cancer which is amazingly wonderful news! Still waiting for one more specimen to read out but otherwise all looks good.

After surgery I had a crap ton of pain issues so stayed in PACU for a while and then went up to the floor. I have had amazing nurses and even the anesthesia person stopped by today to see how I was doing since I was so scared and had concerns about anesthesia, she wanted to make sure that everything went well and that I didn't have any recall or paralysis issues this time.

Today has gone fairly well. Really feeling good sometimes and muscle spams from the expanders at other times. I got 2 PIV's removed, the catheter out, 4 walks in already, eating real food, and able to move around pretty well slowly!

Had a few visitors which was really nice. Friends are such a good distraction! Jared and my mom were here all day, then meena went to get the kids from daycare and feed them and now Jared has gone home to the kiddos and meena will be heading back hopefully bringing me dinner!

Well its hard to type with a pulse oximeter on my finger so I will write more later.

Thank you for all of the kind messages, emails, texts, and prayers!



No comments:

Post a Comment