background

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Anticipation...

Well, the scab at the end of the right incision has come off and is fairly healed underneath. There are no more blatantly open areas. That area isn't quite as healed as the rest but its not open!

I see Plastics in a week and a half and most likely will have my first fill. I honestly did not think that every thing would be even close to healed by then! After the debridement at my last appointment, I figured due to my insanely slow healing that it would take at least a couple of months for it all to heal up. So in less than one month both incisions are closed! So yay!

Knowing that my first fill is on the horizon leaves me with anticipation both good and bad. I have a lot of procedural anxiety. Most people at this point are fully filled or close to it and I haven't even started. So for most people the skin is fairly numb since it takes a while for the sensation to come back but for me, I had hypersensitive skin and no numbness in the area of the expander port. So the needle is not going to feel good! If it doesnt go well, then I will be requesting emla next time! The first fill most likely will be a low volume and then I will be able to see how my muscle reacts. Right now, I have nearly no pain and can do pretty much anything I want (even went on a log chute ride with my daughter today!). And with the expansion, the pain will come back, movement will be restricted some, and I could have more issues.

But the fill also means forward progression, one more step closer to the next surgery, one step closer to being me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment