background

Sunday, April 1, 2012

18 days

18 days before the big day and I have so much to do and so little motivation to do it!

To do before surgery list:
  • Make a bunch of meals to freeze
  • Go through the kids closets (get out summery clothes, put outfits together so hubby doesn't have to)
  • Get stuff together for garage sale (which also means cleaning out storage bins/piles/areas
  • Get stuff wrapped up and delegated at work
  • Go through living room toys and demote some to the basement or Meena's house
  • Get kitchen counter organized and bills paid (our kitchen counter is a mountain of disaster!)
  • Go through my closet and find all things comfy for after surgery
  • Download the trial version of Adobe Lightroom (so I can have some fun while being laid up!)
  • Laundry will need to be caught up, rooms cleaned, calendar of activities updated
  • And plan a special Addy-Mommy day for the day before surgery!
All of this probably means I should get up and go do something!

A lot of people have asked how I feel about having surgery again... Well I knew going into it that I would need a second surgery. I am not a fan of anesthesia and the whole life in someone elses hand thing (I kinda like to be in control:) and the risk of having healing issues again and needing hyperbaric isn't a thrilling thought, but it needs to be done.

Once this is complete I will be able to move on with my life, live my life, and enjoy it. The reason for doing all of this surgery very much outweighs all the pain, incisional healing issues, lost work time, lost family time. The reason for doing the surgeries was to insanely decrease my risk of ovarian, breast, uterine, and cervical cancer. Four less things to worry about and having already been through cancer treatment more than once, it was a no brainer. There was no second guessing this decision. No wondering why me. No decision to be made. Breast cancer risk >108% left the choice of screening and hoping to catch it early or surgery.

And now the end is in sight. I have the ability to rejoin my family as a happy HEALTHY mom who now has the opportunity to live, to be a part of my kids lives, their futures, their dreams.

And as a bonus, I get to be the mom with nice new boobs. You can all be jealous now:)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jenn! Just waving over here! Looks like you're all set...in planning, that is. How long did your doc say that your recovery will be?

    xo,
    13

    ReplyDelete