background

Monday, April 23, 2012

Looking good!

Well my pupils are finally starting to contract so my vision is starting to improve!

So here are the updates!

  • Surgery went fantastic! No real complications so far. Fat harvesting didn't go wonderfully since there wasn't very much to take from. They attempted taking it from my sides/back/flank but only got 22 ccs which ended up being enough for what they wanted. They don't take from the abdomen on mastectomy patients in case that if you get breast cancer, that is where they would need skin and fat from. My doc is a perfectionist and told me he gave me a really nice waist line, Great! (although I didn't have all that bad of a waist line to begin with!)
  • Pain has been minimal. My chest has a big ZERO for pain. My sides (from the attempted liposuction) have more pain but nowhere near as much as my last surgery. I haven't even taken tylenol or anything for pain. Most of the pain is when I sit or get up and am using my side muscles. If I am still then they are fine!
  • Nausea is getting better. I had a TON the day of surgery and even the day after. I had 4 different IV meds and a scopalomine patch and none of it worked. Now my nausea is related to my eye sight and more motion sickness feeling but is finally starting to go away.
  • Scopalomine patch.... NEVER AGAIN! I had horrible side effects, dry mouth was tolerable, blurred vision... not so fun.... First it was mainly near vision was blurry, then it was a combination, then it was far, now it is back to near and is starting to resolve. But it is giving me headaches and nausea and eye strain trying to see things. It made my pupils dilate and just now they are finally starting to constrict back to a normal size but I have been pretty photosensitive. So note to self, the antiemetics didn't help anyway, skip the patch. I would have been feeling MUCH better if I hadn't had the stupid thing!
  • I'm wearing two binders, one for the breasts and one for my lipo, and they aren't the most comfortable things in the world. The goal is to provide enough pressure to prevent seromas (fluid pockets). I'm supposed to wear them for three weeks but he said if I got a good supportive underwire bra that I could wear that instead.
  • So went to Kohls to find a new cheap bra. My new boobs will take a couple months to settle in so I dont want to waste money on a new bra until they are all healed up. Well unfortunately they don't sell 32s in the store (most stores only have 32a's). I even looked in the "teen" bra section and they didnt have any either. So I tried on a bunch of 34s which were all WAY too loose. I found one that I thought fit ok, it was a 34B but now after getting it home, the cups aren't big enough and don't sit in quite the right spot so I'll be returning one of those as well! I went online and ordered two styles of 32C's so hopefully one of those will work. Then once everything is all healed I'll go shopping for nice, fun, pretty bras! I've gotten a couple gift cards for Victorias Secrect so am super excited to go shopping for fun ones (thanks to those of you not afraid to get a boob appropriate gift! HA!)!
  • Meena and Papa were here for the weekend to help with the kids and took a special trip to Chuck-E-Cheese (brave souls I tell ya!). The kids loved having them here, especially having Scooty here (Meenas Dog) since JT really wants a dog. Good thing we got to borrow her for a few days!
  • So things are going pretty good! So far no signs of healing issues. There was a tiny scab at the end of one incision but that is gone. I see the doc tomorrow again to do an incision check but as of now, it doesnt look like I'll need hyperbaric!!! That's the goal! And I'm still on an "eat a ton of cheeseburgers" diet to increase animal protein and improve healing.
  • And as far as how things look, well they look GREAT! I love my new boobs! They are volume wise only a little less than the expanders 275/300 but look much smaller than the expanders looked since they are softer. I thought that they would look more, well, fake but they look really natural. They feel natural. They are great! If you didn't know I had surgery you would never know they weren't real ones. They are very proportionate to my body and they don't have that circular destinct implant look, the fat grafting that they were able to do makes them look just perfect! They are smaller than I thought they would be which is a good thing! Most likely will be a 32C. A big step up from my 32 a/aa petite!
So things are going well! I've been out of the house twice now (made it to the park for an hour tonight but was exhausted when I got home). Hopefully over the next few days I'll have more energy and my eyes will be back to normal!

Say prayers for a good appointment tomorrow, clear eye sight, no healing issues, and energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment