background

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

No Diving!

I had my follow up appointment this morning and the best news is that I don't need to dive! No hyperbaric for me! YAYAYAYAYAY!!!! This means that everything is healing well, must be all those cheeseburgers! So that is amazing wonderful news. As long as nothing else changes I should be good as long as I follow his rules:

  • Eat high animal protein (specifically cheeseburgers) for the next 5 weeks, after that he said I can go back to "vegetables or whatever". Protein enhances healing.
  • No second hand smoke (or me smoking which isn't an issue) for at least 6 months. Smoke causes vasoconstriction which can impede blood flow and reduce blood flow to healing sensitive vessels causing permanent damage and thus impairing healing.
  • Wear abdominal binder for 2 more weeks. Compression to the lipo sucked areas help healing and prevent any seromas from forming (fluid filled areas).
  • No lifting for 4-5 more weeks.
I can stop wearing the breast binder and just wear a bra (preferably an underwire). So as I await the ones I ordered I put on the non-underwire 34C that I had on with the expanders and it fits pretty well. Yay for no binder!

My eyes are WAY better today! Pupils contracting, vision pretty clear but it takes a couple seconds to focus when close up or on the computer and I can't look at the computer for very long before they feel strained.

I still get tired easily too but hopefully the endurance comes back quickly! Its amazing how much surgery takes out of you. I mean, I know my body is trying to heal and all but I'm really not a sit on the couch kind of person and like to be busy!

I can go back to work whenever I feel ready (as long as I follow his rules)! So I'll call employee health tomorrow and see what they think. I'm thinking later next week would be the 2 week mark and I should be pretty good by then.

I go back to see him in a month and then will be DONE!!! Can you believe it!

A big thank you to all of you for support, food, help, and love!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling so well and got good news. I know it is hard but please take it easy and relax--and don't rush the work thing--take the time you need to heal well. I am saying this as your friend but also as a supervisor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on no hyperbaric! Sounds like everything is going well! Let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete