background

Monday, July 18, 2011

Back to work and other updates...

The recliner came and I used it the first night and was fairly comfortable except the cats were rubbing on it all night and the room we have it in is filled with toddler toys that apparently randomly go off during the night for a not so restful sleep. So slept in our bed the next night and slept a bit better. So maybe the sleep thing is finally going to start working. We may move the recliner up stairs but haven't decided yet for sure.

I saw the Gyne surgeon today. No big issues. I'll see her again in 6 weeks and then really don't need to follow up with gyne after that unless I have issues! Yay for no more yearly appointments with that department!

I'm going to attempt work this week! My original return date was Thursday but I am going to go in Wednesday and Friday morning for 4 hours to see how it goes. Then we will take it from there to see what to do next week.

I see plastics on Thursday. The left incision is looking pretty good. The scab is peeling off and it looks like a normal incision. The right side looks the same as it has, no better, no worse. I'm assuming it is working on healing from the inside out!

I finally feel like I have made a little more progress. My chest is tight but its not always painful. I'm not constantly thinking about my expanders and the pain. I can do some more normal activities without too many issues. Still can't lift anything over 10 pounds but have found creative ways to get the kids higher... like kneeling on one knee and having them step up on my other one :) My new bra's came in from Penneys so those will be nice for the expansion process.

I've been meeting random friends for lunch off and on during the week (most of which I don't get to see very often due to conflicting schedules) which has been a nice break to the days!

So here we go, moving forward once again! Wish me luck at work on Wednesday! I'm sure the first day will be going through the thousands of work emails!

No comments:

Post a Comment