background

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Boo Hoo!

Nothing new to report here!

My incision looks like it may be starting to heal so that is good. The one edge of it is closing together and the other side isn't draining as much. I'm really not having any pain at all unless I switch or twist weird or if I lift one of the kids and hold them for too long. I feel fairly normal...until...

My friend and I had a brilliant idea today to take the two kiddos to the beach. I knew that JT (2y/o) would just putter around the edge of the water and play in the sand and AJ (3.5y/o) would want to swim. My friend wanted to take her swimming so I knew it would be fine with me not getting in the water. So I got everything together, got the kids ready, and then was going to go change my clothes.... I knew I wouldn't be wearing a swimsuit but wanted to have shorts and a tank on so that I wasn't too hot.... So I put on a tank and you could see every dent in my left expander. I'm not a self conscious person but I knew I couldn't go out like that... so I put a second tank on top thinking that layering may decrease the flatness and make it so it didn't indent.... nope... great. So this was the first time where I wanted to cry about how I looked! Now I was fairly flat prior to surgery but could wear padded bras so at least it looked like I had something but now, not. And my old bras hurt to wear since they aren't the same shape as the expanders. So I plopped on a t-shirt that at least hung flat instead of indenting.

And so we went to the beach and had a blast, spent a few hours there. The kids LOVED it and it was gorgeous weather and warm water! And a big thank you to Miss Lindsy who braved the lake with Miss Addy (who also loved her new floaties)!

So with a new found respect for the expansion process, I am actually looking forward to getting filled! Even just to relieve the concaveness so that I can wear different shirts. Its the little things that you realize things aren't actually going to be normal for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment