background

Thursday, July 21, 2011

It's ALIVE!

OK, most of you probably don't want to read about nipples and incisions so if you don't, click out now!

Went to see plastics today and he peeled off my scabs and eschar (dead areas) and well the right one that had a lot of issues, the nipple is alive! Instead of completely drying out and falling off, it healed from the inside out! So what does this mean? They hyperbaric worked. My body is finally starting to heal and hopefully collateral vessels have been formed to help continue to keep my radiated skin healthy.

It didn't hurt when he peeled everything off but I have a lot of procedural anxiety but it went well anyway!

So next step is to wait a month for healing to continue (there is now open areas where some of the incision scab was peeled off). Then next time we will most likely do my first fill. Which leaves me with mixed feelings...1- its great to be making progress and finally know that hyperbaric helped, 2-filling is no fun and can cause a lot of pain and discomfort, 3- this journey is going to be way longer than I was hoping. I had hoped this would be a short term blog but, guess not! 4- excited to be moving forward yet again!

So I now have no appointments for a whole month! WOO HOO!

He also said that I could lift again! Which means I can start working on being able to hold my kids! Although I lifted a 24 pack of coke today and found out how weak and deconditioned I really am! I also have no restrictions on movement so I can start stretching and trying to regain my range of motion. So my main restriction is just not swimming/bathing and not getting kicked in the chest (which believe me is a big risk with my two year old)! And he wants to give me a prescription for a giant juicy cheeseburger once a day! He is sure that my increased meat intake is helping with the healing as well. So if anyone is up for lunch, I'll have a burger!

1 comment:

  1. Glad everything is looking up for you! I know what you mean..I went into this with a picture of it taking a few months..now it'll take until the end of the year, if not longer. (((SIGH))) It's a long hard road that we all walk together! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete