background

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I did it!

I made it through my first day back at work. It was only for 4 hours this morning but I did it! I am now tired, sore, and have a giant headache but I got some work done. I got my emails down to about 150 emails that I need to do something with (projects, etc) or that I need to follow up on. It took 4 hours to go through my whole email pile. How ridiculous is that!

Tomorrow I see plastics and then Friday I will be working another half day!

Sleeping is going ok, only waking up about 2-3 times a night and able to fall asleep a bit faster than before. Still in bed with gigantor pillow which was definitely a good investment!

Incisions are still scabbed over and the one is still oozing some blood off and on so we'll see what plastics says tomorrow. My range of motion is still limited. I'll be checking on that tomorrow as well. I had started doing stretching but not sure if thats a good thing or not so I stopped! My chest is really tight in the center and when I stretch my arms up or back my armpit muscles are super tight and hurt and wont let my arms go in that direction!

Things at home have been going pretty well. I'm able to do more and help out a little bit.

Yesterday a coworker of mine called, one of the groups that I work with chipped in and got me a cleaning service! So they will be coming Tuesday morning for a couple hours! I'm hoping they can clean all three bathrooms and possibly the kitchen floor! I am so blessed to have such wonderful coworkers!

Our frozen food supply is still going strong! Most people made fairly large meals which have been lasting us at least 2 days so we are going through the food much slower than we anticipated which is a good thing. We've also received some gift cards to various restaurants which is nice for a change of pace as well!

Well I will keep plugging along and will keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment